Calming Goat’s approach seeks to heal the whole patient – mind, body, and spirit – by first addressing physical dependence. Once cravings and the threat of withdrawal have been removed from the equation, you have the ability to begin doing the heavy lifting of recovery.
While some organizations have just one medical professional on staff, our team is made up of a wide array of board-certified physicians from a variety of specialties and backgrounds. This means that we’re uniquely equipped to care for the full patient.
Calming Goat serves as your partner and treatment plan liaison, walking you through the process of building your health care team. We’ll work with you to form a support network tailored to your specific needs so that you can focus on what’s important: getting well and starting over with a clean slate.
Meet Our Doctors
Our board-certified physicians in addiction medicine and various other medical specialties equip you to live a healthy, drug-free life. We believe in a calm, no-nonsense approach to substance use disorders. We advocate a whole body and mind approach – we don’t just treat pieces of you.
Providing Medical Treatment For
Serving Southern California
Our Los Angeles location serves all of Southern California, ensuring that comprehensive, ongoing care is convenient to you. Whether you’re in Santa Monica or Santa Ana, our team of board-certified physicians is available to walk with you through the journey of sobriety. We believe that you can heal from the comfort of your own home, and we’re there for you every step of the way.
Getting Sober & Healthy
- Comprehensive medical evaluation
- Laboratory tests
- Management of medical issues or complications
- Chemical dependency detoxification
- Medical hospitalization if warranted
Medically Assisted Treatment
- Continued management of withdrawal symptoms, cravings
- Building your treatment team – AA, psychotherapist, psychiatrist, IOP, case management with insurance, and family therapists depending on the individualized need assessment.
- Use of biological agents to prevent substance use relapse
- Continued liaison with psychiatrist, therapist, other health care providers, and insurance on your behalf.
- Counseling, coping strategies aimed at identity “reformation” for optimal social function and recovery with family, work, and school lifestyles.